Friday 2 November 2012

Alt-J - Tessellate


Unsurprisingly to the mass media, Alt-J won the Mercury Prize last night and...I'm gonna be honest...considering they are even based in the same town I live In, I didn't know who they were. I wish I did - As a self-confessed experimental art-rock fan, this is the type of album I have been waiting to come around for a while. People are finding it hard to pigeon-hole these guys into a genre, with Wikipedia even inventing "Folktronica" to describe the band. From the dancing high piano-keys to the lazily enchanting vocals, a lot of people are saying these guys could be the new Radiohead...big ask, but this track Tessellate certainly wouldn't be out of place on albums like Kid A or Amnesiac.

Alt-J's debut album, An Awesome Wave has been out for a while now but expect to hear a lot more about it as the record label attempt to get this into everyone's earholes following the Mercury Prize win.

Tessellate by alt-J>

No comments:

Post a Comment